Foreign students are required to follow the proper entry visa procedure prior to arrive in Sri Lanka,and obtain a residence visa for engaging in studies in Sri Lanka.
Documentary Requirements for an Entry Visa
- Letter of placement of the University or affiliated institution in Sri Lanka;
- Letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka;
- Copy of the Bio page of your passport;
- Duly completed form for "Recommendation application for prior approval (Entry Visa/Landing Endorsement for Residence Visa
Documentary Requirements for a Residence Visa
- Duly completed residence visa application Form 'A' (IM33);
- Request letter of the University/Affiliated educational institute;
- Letter of Recommendation for Residence visa;
- Duly completed "Application for recommendation of Issuing/Extension of Residence Visa"
- Completion of Photo capturing paper (attached herewith)
Please understand that all international students should obtain immigration clearance before they come for study. The FGS-SUSL will assist you in processing visa by providing you with the necessary documents and information as required. The FGS-SUSL will not enrol any foreign student without having proper a residence visa for studies at the university.
Find More Department of Immigration and Emigration